Responsibilities and Duties
Our customer is a leading supplier in the parcel delivery technologies industry, committed to providing efficient and secure solutions for the modern world. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Smart Locker Engineer to join their team. If you have a passion for cutting-edge technology, enjoy working outdoors, have experience in electro-mechanical systems, understand IT systems, possess desirable ECS or CSCS cards, and are willing to travel extensively for fieldwork, we want to hear from you.
As a Smart Locker Engineer, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and optimising smart locker systems designed for parcel delivery. You will be responsible for ensuring these systems operate smoothly, efficiently, securely, and are integrated effectively with IT systems. This position requires a combination of electro-mechanical expertise, IT knowledge, problem-solving skills, and extensive field travel.
- Installation and Maintenance: Install, configure, and maintain smart locker systems at various locations, ensuring they are operational, secure, and integrated with IT systems.
- Electro-Mechanical Expertise: Utilize your knowledge of electro-mechanical systems to troubleshoot, repair, and optimize smart locker components, ensuring seamless integration with IT systems.
- IT System Integration: Collaborate with IT teams to integrate smart locker systems with backend software, ensuring accurate tracking, data exchange, and remote monitoring.
- Outdoor Work: Perform tasks outdoors, which may involve working at heights, using ladders, and adapting to various weather conditions.
- Electrical Testing: Use multimeters and other tools to perform electrical testing, including measuring current, voltage, and resistance, to identify and address issues.
- Component Replacement: Replace and repair components such as solenoids, electromagnets, sensors, and control systems as needed.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records of maintenance activities, repairs, and parts used for accurate reporting and future reference.
- Security: Ensure the security of smart lockers and their contents to prevent unauthorized access and tampering.
- IT Systems Understanding: Work with IT teams to understand and effectively troubleshoot any IT-related issues impacting smart locker functionality.
- High school diploma or equivalent; a degree or certification in electrical or electro-mechanical engineering is a plus.
- Proven experience in electro-mechanical systems, with a strong understanding of current, voltage, resistance, and IT systems.
- Familiarity with the use of multimeters, solenoids, electromagnets, and other related tools.
- Ability to work outdoors, sometimes at elevated heights, and adapt to various weather conditions.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues independently.
- Detail-oriented and capable of maintaining accurate records.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Desirable ECS or CSCS card for construction site access.
- Willingness to travel extensively for fieldwork, with travel expenses covered by a fuel card.
Benefits: Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Company van for work-related travel
- Pension plan for retirement savings
- Company discounts on products or services