Jobs in Aldermaston, Berkshire
£26,000Ability to obtain DV Clearance is essential Create an account to apply
Responsibilities and Duties
Our valued client is looking for a customer-focused and enthusiastic IMAC/Warehouse Operative to work as part of the iFix Service Tower, delivering key hardware services to more than 6000 users.
The applicant should be technically competent, possess good written and verbal communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider IT support teams.
The IMAC/Warehouse Operative role is an integral part of the onsite iFix Back Office Team working in a busy environment handling a variety of IT hardware assets throughout their lifecycle.
- Take receipt of items delivered to the Warehouse
- Book in all items and update the necessary delivery paperwork
- Asset tag and electrical safety test new equipment where applicable
- Ensure applicable items are added to the Asset Management Database
- Prepare items for customer delivery/collection
- Perform regular stock audits
- Manage the safe and secure disposal of decommissioned assets
- Operate pallet trucks and trolleys whilst following the appropriate manual handling techniques
- Manage tasks in accordance with best practice guidelines and the customers service level targets
- Moves & Collections of IT equipment.
- Tracing of network cabling for patching and connection issues.
- Basic setup and installation of Pc’s, monitors and KVM’s
- Work as part of a team to transport and deliver large screens (heavy lifting may be involved)
- Perform stock control & asset management – ensuring the desktops and laptops are correctly added to the database and the status updated when applicable.
- Ensure your working space and vans are clean, tidy and maintained.
The candidate must be prepared to work on a nuclear licensed site & obtain DV clearance
The site benefits from a restaurant, coffee shop, parking and good public transport links. You’ll have access to a large library of courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development. Benefits include workplace pension scheme, various flexible benefits including life insurance, health cashback plan, holiday insurance, private medical cover (medical cover comes in to effect after 1 years’ service)
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of MOD security classifications and guidelines
- Be professional, positive and have an aptitude of solving problems and delivering service improvement
- Be politically savvy and understand the stresses and priorities of our customers
- Have integrity, initiative and focus
- Meet deadlines
- Deliver work on time or communicate that you’re not on target
- Demonstrate good organisational skills, reliability and conscientiousness
- Able to work under pressure and use your own initiative
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10 Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Packages
- Working knowledge of PC and peripheral hardware